Monday, January 3, 2011

Pass the Rolls

"Pass the rolls."  That is something that I said only a few hundred times over the holidays.  And, now that they are over the only rolls that I am left with are the ones around my middle...UGH!  Like many individuals I have decided that my New Year's Resolution is to tame the bulge.   Right before the holidays I decided to apply for a local 10-week reality tv weight loss show at the fitness club I workout at.  I figured if I want to lose weight I better put it all out on the table and make myself accountable. 

I have tried my entire life to lose weight.  I have attempted every diet that I know of and worked out two times a day to fail miserably at managing my weight.  I even thought that running two mini marathons might help me shed the pounds, but I like to eat; so after a few months the weight just "magically" reappeared.  So, with all of that said I am now a contestant on the show (YAY!) and going through my first week of training.  Today we have the first weigh in and Fitness Challenge.  It is going to be taped by our local news station and I pray that my weight will not be posted on tv ha, ha.  I am still working on getting over the idea of having a camera around all the time.  I am really pumped about the next 10 weeks and appreciative of the opportunity.  I know that the workouts will be challenging but I can't wait to see my body transformation at the end!       

I hope you follow me through my 10 week fitness journey.  I am going to share tips, exercise programs, triumphs and frustrations with you.  I am hoping that in the end food and weight will play a different "role" in my life.

xoxo,
B


P.S.  If you would like to check out our workouts, interviews or learn more about the program, please click on the links below:

New Years Resolution Reality Show/International Sports Clubs: 

http://newyearresolutionreality.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/nyrrLafayette

1 comment:

  1. This is the best blog title ever! haha! I love rolls! :) I'll definitely be checking back in often to learn some of your fitness tips. Good work on joining this challenge and pushing yourself. Hopefully reading your blog will keep me motivated, too! :)

    ReplyDelete