Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Burp or Burpee

This week is all about SUPER-SETS!  "Super" as in doing an exercise for the upper body, followed immediatley by an exercise for the lower body.  As for recovery there really isn't any.  When we are done with our set we have to keep moving as in running, jumping jacks, standing on our head...you get the point.  This helps with burning more calories (YAY) and keeping our heart rates up.  The most challenging part of the routine are the burpees, they are my nemesis.  If you don't know what a burpee is I have a link below that will show you variations of the exercise.  If you have never done one, they are brutal!  However, they are great for the body and from what I am told if I keep it up I should be ready for swimsuit season...watch out Lafayette!

On another note, I will say that I am starting to feel and see a difference, which is exciting.  Hopefully, for our weigh in tomorrow my numbers will show the hardwork that I have been putting in the past two weeks.  Also, this week I get measured and meet with a nutritionist.  I will post my measurements that way you can follow my progress.  Tomorrow is Fitness Challenge #2 and our weigh in.  Be on the lookout for our story on WLFI at 11:00 p.m. and I will post the link to that story in my next blog.  Here's to many more burpees tonight and to the ability to get up and walk on Wednesday!   

Burpee Exercise: 
http://www.redorbit.com/news/video/health/4/the_burpee_exercise_burns_fat_and_builds_strength/29492/           

1 comment:

  1. Burpees are so brutal! Keep up the good work, though, my sista!

    ReplyDelete